Related occupations for task:
Select and prepare medical equipment or medications to be taken to athletic competition sites.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
- Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
- Prepare contrast material, radiopharmaceuticals, or anesthetic or antispasmodic drugs under the direction of a radiologist.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments, as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Prepare treatment rooms for surgery.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or oversee these activities.
- Prepare sterile solutions or infusions for use in surgical procedures, emergency rooms, or patients' homes.
- Store, sterilize, or prepare the special applicators containing the radioactive substance implanted by the physician.
- Assist in the preparation of sealed radioactive materials, such as cobalt, radium, cesium, or isotopes, for use in radiation treatments.
See more related occupations >>