Related occupations for task:
Assist anesthesiologists in performing anesthetic procedures, such as epidural or spinal injections.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics so that dosages can be adjusted.
- Take animals into treatment areas and assist with physical examinations by performing such duties as obtaining temperature, pulse, or respiration data.
- Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment or instruments, as needed.
- Provide assistance with animal euthanasia and the disposal of remains.
- Perform or manage regional anesthetic techniques, such as local, spinal, epidural, caudal, nerve blocks and intravenous blocks.
- Prepare prescribed solutions and administer local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetics, following specified methods and procedures.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Administer local, inhalation, intravenous, or other anesthetics.
- Provide assistance to physicians or other technologists in the performance of more complex procedures.
- Provide assistance in radiopharmaceutical administration, monitoring patients' vital signs and notifying the radiologist of any relevant changes.
- Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, or other healthcare professionals to manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures or related duties.
- Use a variety of testing techniques to assist doctors in cardiac or pulmonary research or to diagnose disorders.
See all 19 related occupations >>