Related Occupations for Task
29-9092.00 - Genetic Counselors
Related occupations for task:
Interpret laboratory results and communicate findings to patients or physicians.
- Observe and reassure patients during treatment and report unusual reactions to physician or turn equipment off if unexpected adverse reactions occur.
- Educate, prepare, and reassure patients and their families by answering questions, providing physical assistance, and reinforcing physicians' advice regarding treatment reactions or post-treatment care.
- Act as liaison with physicist and supportive care personnel.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Explain testing procedures to patients to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Monitor patients' comfort and safety during tests, alerting physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Observe, record, and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs or treatment.
- Communicate with dispatchers or treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims, or to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, or blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation and allay fears.
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
- Monitor patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
See more related occupations >>