Related occupations for task:
Validate known intelligence with data from other sources.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.
||Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses or by analyzing records.
- Examine records to locate links in chains of evidence or information.
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.