Related occupations for task:
Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks.
||First-Line Supervisors of Firefighting and Prevention Workers
- Maintain fire suppression equipment in good condition, checking equipment periodically to ensure that it is ready for use.
- Inspect stations, uniforms, equipment, or recreation areas to ensure compliance with safety standards, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Inspect and test new and existing fire protection systems, fire detection systems, and fire safety equipment to ensure that they are operating properly.
||Fire Inspectors and Investigators
- Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.
- Inspect and test fire protection or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
||Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Inspect recreational equipment, such as rope tows, T-bars, J-bars, or chair lifts, for safety hazards and damage or wear.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Examine and inventory firefighting equipment, such as axes, fire hoses, shovels, pumps, buckets, and fire extinguishers, to determine amount and condition.
See all 11 related occupations >>