Related occupations for task:
Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
||Transportation Security Screeners
- Notify supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Inform other screeners when baggage should not be opened because it might contain explosives.
- Contact leads or supervisors to discuss objects of concern that are not on prohibited object lists.
- View images of checked bags and cargo, using remote screening equipment, and alert baggage screeners or handlers to any possible problems.
||Detectives and Criminal Investigators
- Provide information to lab personnel concerning the source of an item of evidence and tests to be performed.
- Summon medical help for injured individuals and alert medical personnel to take statements from them.
- Notify command of situation and request assistance.
- Notify, or request notification of, medical examiner or district attorney representative.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures, such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
||Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers
- Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
- Notify patrol units to take violators into custody or to provide needed assistance or medical aid.
||Crossing Guards and Flaggers
- Record license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals, and report infractions to appropriate authorities.
See all 7 related occupations >>