Related occupations for task:
Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards, using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Install solar collector mounting devices on tile, asphalt, shingle, or built-up gravel roofs, using appropriate materials and penetration methods.
- Identify plumbing, electrical, environmental, or safety hazards associated with solar thermal installations.
- Install flat-plat, evacuated glass, or concentrating solar collectors on mounting devices, using brackets or struts.
- Install solar thermal system controllers and sensors.
- Design active direct or indirect, passive direct or indirect, or pool solar systems.
- Install heat exchangers and heat exchanger fluids according to installation manuals and schematics.
- Install solar roofing systems that have energy-collecting photovoltaic panels built into roofing membranes, shingles, or tiles.
- Attach solar panels to existing roofs, according to specifications and without damaging roofing materials or the structural integrity of buildings.
- Install, test, or commission solar thermal or solar photovoltaic hot water heating systems.