Related occupations for task:
Apply spackling, compounding, or other materials to repair holes in walls.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Form a smooth foundation by stapling plywood or Masonite over the floor or by brushing waterproof compound onto surface and filling cracks with plaster, putty, or grout to seal pores.
- Heat and soften floor covering materials to patch cracks or fit floor coverings around irregular surfaces, using blowtorch.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Apply grout between joints of bricks or tiles, using grouting trowels.
- Correct surface imperfections or fill chipped, cracked, or broken bricks or tiles, using fillers, adhesives, or grouting materials.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Fill slight grinding depressions with matching grout material and hand-trowel for a smooth, uniform surface.
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth with a trowel.
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
- Pack spaces between moldings and glass with glazing compounds and trim excess material with glazing knives.
See all 12 related occupations >>