Related Occupations for Task
29-1051.00 - Pharmacists
Related occupations for task:
Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Discuss testing options and the associated risks, benefits and limitations with patients and families to assist them in making informed decisions.
- Provide counseling to patient and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance.
- Provide genetic counseling in specified areas of clinical genetics, such as obstetrics, pediatrics, oncology and neurology.
- Provide patients with information about the inheritance of conditions such as cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, and various forms of cancer.
- Provide information about the physical and emotional processes involved in the pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum periods.
- Provide postpartum patients with contraceptive and family planning information.
- Inform patients of how to prepare and supply birth sites.
- Counsel patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances, such as food supplements, over-the-counter (OTC) medications, or herbal remedies.
- Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Collaborate with patients to plan for future health care needs or to coordinate transitions and referrals.
- Discuss illnesses and treatments with patients and family members.
- Inform patients or families of neurological diagnoses and prognoses, or benefits, risks and costs of various treatment plans.
- Counsel patients or others on the background of neurological disorders including risk factors, or genetic or environmental concerns.
See all 20 related occupations >>