Related occupations for task:
Create, edit, or analyze geospatial data, using Global Positioning Systems (GPS) or digitizing techniques.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions, based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Develop or implement data analysis algorithms.
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committees, federal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Design or maintain databases of biological data.
- Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Develop and document database architectures.
- Design database applications, such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
- Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
||Geographic Information Systems Technicians
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
- Design or coordinate the development of integrated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) spatial or non-spatial databases.
- Interpret aerial or ortho photographs.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Process large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
- Assemble sets of assumptions and explore the consequences of each set.
- Address the relationships of quantities, magnitudes, and forms through the use of numbers and symbols.
- Perform computations and apply methods of numerical analysis to data.
See all 20 related occupations >>