Related Occupations for Task
17-2199.07 - Photonics Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Analyze, fabricate, or test fiber-optic links.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Fabricate or assemble mechanical, electrical, or electronic components or assemblies.
- Select and use laboratory, operational, or diagnostic techniques or test equipment to assess electromechanical circuits, equipment, processes, systems, or subsystems.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
- Assist engineers to design, develop, test, or manufacture industrial machinery, consumer products, or other equipment.
- Devise, fabricate, or assemble new or modified mechanical components for products such as industrial machinery or equipment, and measuring instruments.
- Inspect and test mechanical equipment.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Inspect or test parts to determine nature or cause of defects or malfunctions.
- Perform or execute manual or automated tests of automotive system or component performance, efficiency, or durability.
- Participate in research or testing of computerized automotive applications, such as telemetrics, intelligent transportation systems, artificial intelligence, or automatic control.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Test radio frequency identification device (RFID) software to ensure proper functioning.
- Install, test, or maintain radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
- Test tags or labels to ensure readability.
- Terminate, cure, polish, or test fiber cables with mechanical connectors.
- Fabricate devices, such as optoelectronic or semiconductor devices.
- Fabricate sensors to be used to control wind turbines.
See more related occupations >>