Related occupations for task:
Collect supporting data, such as climatic or field survey data, to corroborate remote sensing data analyses.
||Remote Sensing Technicians
- Collect geospatial data, using technologies such as aerial photography, light and radio wave detection systems, digital satellites, or thermal energy systems.
- Collect verification data on the ground, using equipment such as global positioning receivers, digital cameras, or notebook computers.
- Collect remote sensing data for forest or carbon tracking activities involved in assessing the impact of environmental change.
- Gather and compile geographic data from sources such as censuses, field observations, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Collect data on physical characteristics of specified areas, such as geological formations, climates, and vegetation, using surveying or meteorological equipment.
||Atmospheric and Space Scientists
- Gather data from sources such as surface or upper air stations, satellites, weather bureaus, or radar for use in meteorological reports or forecasts.
- Collect air samples from planes or ships over land or sea to study atmospheric composition.
||Geological Technicians, Except Hydrologic Technicians
- Collect data on underground areas, such as reservoirs, that could be used in carbon sequestration operations.
- Collect geological data from potential geothermal energy plant sites.
||Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Install gauges, stream flow recorders, and soil moisture measuring instruments, and collect and record data from them to assist with watershed analysis.
See all 15 related occupations >>