Related occupations for task:
Order diagnostic imaging procedures such as radiographs (x-rays), ultrasounds, mammograms, and bone densitometry tests, or refer patients to other health professionals for these procedures.
- Recommend diagnostic tests based on patients' histories and physical examination findings.
- Refer patients to other specialists, as needed.
- Conduct or order diagnostic tests such as chest radiographs (x-rays), microbiologic tests, or endocrinologic tests.
- Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up care or referrals.
- Refer clients to community resources or services.
- Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests, such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
- Treat or refer patients for primary care conditions, such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions.
- Consult with, or refer patients to, appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Refer patients to specialists for procedures such as ultrasounds or biophysical profiles.
- Provide, or refer patients to other providers for, education or counseling on topics such as genetic testing, newborn care, contraception, or breastfeeding.
||Family and General Practitioners
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
See more related occupations >>