Related Occupations for Task
29-1161.00 - Nurse Midwives
Related occupations for task:
Consult with or refer patients to appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
- Coordinate administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation.
- Confer with other medical professionals to determine type and method of anesthetic or sedation to render patient insensible to pain.
- Provide medical care and consultation in many settings, prescribing medication and treatment and referring patients for surgery.
- Manage anesthesiological services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures.
||Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including psychiatrists, psychologists, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Consult with psychiatrists or other professionals when unusual or complex cases are encountered.
- Participate in treatment team conferences regarding diagnosis or treatment of difficult cases.
- Refer patients requiring more specialized or complex treatment to psychiatrists, primary care physicians, or other medical specialists.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up care or referrals.
- Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.
- Confer with the patient, medical practitioners, or appropriate others to plan, implement, or assess the intervention program.
- Refer clients to community resources or services.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Evaluate patients' laboratory and medical records, requesting assistance from other practitioners when necessary.
- Refer patients to specialists for procedures such as ultrasounds or biophysical profiles.
- Provide, or refer patients to other providers for, education or counseling on topics such as genetic testing, newborn care, contraception, or breastfeeding.
- Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients' progress, such as individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings.
- Supervise or collaborate with therapy team.
- Consult with and refer clients to additional medical or educational services.
See more related occupations >>