Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.00 - Registered Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment or instruments, as needed.
- Prepare animals for surgery, performing such tasks as shaving surgical areas.
- Take animals into treatment areas and assist with physical examinations by performing such duties as obtaining temperature, pulse, or respiration data.
- Provide assistance with animal euthanasia and the disposal of remains.
- Assist anesthesiologists in monitoring of patients, including electrocardiogram (EKG), direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas, hematocrit, or routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure or heart rate.
- Assist anesthesiologists in performing anesthetic procedures, such as epidural or spinal injections.
- Assist in the application of monitoring techniques, such as pulmonary artery catheterization, electroencephalographic spectral analysis, echocardiography, or evoked potentials.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Attach physiological monitoring leads to patient's finger, chest, waist, or other body parts.
- Place and secure small, portable magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners on body part to be imaged, such as arm, leg, or head.
- Attach electrodes to patients, using adhesives.
- Measure patients' body parts and mark locations where electrodes are to be placed.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Prepare patients for examinations, tests, or treatments and explain procedures.
- Assist in delivery, care, or feeding of infants.
See all 18 related occupations >>