Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.00 - Registered Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Perform physical examinations, make tentative diagnoses, and treat patients en route to hospitals or at disaster site triage centers.
- Monitor maternal condition during labor by checking vital signs, monitoring uterine contractions, or performing physical examinations.
- Monitor fetal growth and well-being through heartbeat detection, body measurement, and palpation.
- Identify, monitor, or treat pregnancy-related problems such as hypertension, gestational diabetes, pre-term labor, or retarded fetal growth.
- Provide necessary medical care for infants at birth, including emergency care such as resuscitation.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
- Perform emergency cardiac care, such as cardioversion and manual defibrillation.
- Perform emergency invasive intervention before delivering patient to an acute care facility.
- Perform emergency pharmacological interventions.
||Sports Medicine Physicians
- Diagnose or treat disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Record athletes' medical histories and perform physical examinations.
- Examine and evaluate athletes prior to participation in sports activities to determine level of physical fitness or predisposition to injuries.
- Examine, evaluate and treat athletes who have been injured or who have medical problems such as exercise-induced asthma.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems, such as illnesses, infections, or injuries.
- Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems, such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Diagnose or treat complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
- Perform routine or annual physical examinations.
||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
- Examine patients to assess mobility, strength, communication, or cognition.
- Diagnose or treat performance-related conditions such as sports injuries or repetitive motion injuries.
- Conduct physical tests such as functional capacity evaluations to determine injured workers' capabilities to perform the physical demands of their jobs.
See more related occupations >>