Related occupations for task:
Meet with federal, state, and local agencies to keep updated on policies and to discuss improvements for education programs.
- Develop expertise in subject matters related to committee assignments.
- Keep abreast of the issues affecting constituents by making personal visits and phone calls, reading local newspapers, and viewing or listening to local broadcasts.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant national and international current events.
- Negotiate with colleagues or members of other political parties in order to reconcile differing interests, and to create policies and agreements.
||Clinical Research Coordinators
- Review scientific literature, participate in continuing education activities, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain current knowledge of clinical studies affairs and issues.
- Collaborate with investigators to prepare presentations or reports of clinical study procedures, results, and conclusions.
- Maintain contact with sponsors to schedule and coordinate site visits or to answer questions about issues such as incomplete data.
- Contact industry representatives to ensure equipment and software specifications necessary for successful study completion.
||Emergency Management Directors
- Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
- Consult with officials of local and area governments, schools, hospitals, and other institutions to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency management to learn new information and to develop working relationships with other emergency management specialists.
- Keep informed of federal, state, and local regulations affecting emergency plans and ensure that plans adhere to these regulations.
||Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
||Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulations, including proposed and final rules.
- Evaluate new software publishing systems and confer with regulatory agencies concerning news or updates on electronic publishing of submissions.
See more related occupations >>