Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.00 - Registered Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Hand items to surgeons during operations.
- Scrub arms and hands and assist the surgical team to scrub and put on gloves, masks, and surgical clothing.
- Provide technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses, or anesthesiologists.
- Hand instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgeons' assistants, hold retractors and cut sutures, and perform other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
- Prepare dressings or bandages and apply or assist with their application following surgery.
- Pass instruments or supplies to surgeon during procedure.
- Assist in the insertion, positioning, or suturing of closed-wound drainage systems.
- Assist members of surgical team with gowning or gloving.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Assist surgeons with vascular procedures, such as preparing balloons and stents.
- Assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac or peripheral vascular treatments, such as implanting pacemakers or assisting with balloon angioplasties to treat blood vessel blockages.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Coordinate work with physicians or other healthcare team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
See all 8 related occupations >>