Related Occupations for Task
31-1013.00 - Psychiatric Aides
Related occupations for task:
Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, or operating office machines.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
||Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Transcribe medical reports.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.
- Transcribe recorded messages or practitioners' diagnoses or recommendations into patients' medical records.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
See more related occupations >>