Related occupations for task:
Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
||Computer Network Support Specialists
- Test computer software or hardware, using standard diagnostic testing equipment and procedures.
- Research hardware or software products to meet technical networking or security needs.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
||Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
- Communicate with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, or compatibility with existing systems.
See all 9 related occupations >>