Related occupations for task:
Install or repair network cables, including fiber optic cables.
||Computer Network Support Specialists
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
- Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems.
- Install or repair network cables, including fiber optic cables.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
||Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
- Install, or coordinate installation of, new or modified hardware, software, or programming modules of telecommunications systems.
- Work with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices.
||Computer Network Architects
- Develop and implement solutions for network problems.
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Load computer tapes and disks, and install software and printer paper or forms.
See all 9 related occupations >>