Related occupations for task:
Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
||Histotechnologists and Histologic Technicians
- Stain tissue specimens with dyes or other chemicals to make cell details visible under microscopes.
- Mount tissue specimens on glass slides.
- Embed tissue specimens into paraffin wax blocks or infiltrate tissue specimens with wax.
- Freeze tissue specimens.
- Perform procedures associated with histochemistry to prepare specimens for immunofluorescence or microscopy.
- Prepare or use prepared tissue specimens for teaching, research or diagnostic purposes.
- Arrange and attach chromosomes in numbered pairs on karyotype charts, using standard genetics laboratory practices and nomenclature, to identify normal or abnormal chromosomes.
- Prepare slides of cell cultures following standard procedures.
- Prepare biological specimens such as amniotic fluids, bone marrow, tumors, chorionic villi, and blood, for chromosome examinations.
- Extract, measure, dilute as appropriate, label, and prepare DNA for array analysis.
- Select or prepare specimens and media for cell cultures using aseptic techniques, knowledge of medium components, or cell nutritional requirements.
- Stain slides to make chromosomes visible for microscopy.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Cultivate, isolate, or assist in identifying microbial organisms or perform various tests on these microorganisms.
- Select and prepare specimens and media for cell cultures, using aseptic technique and knowledge of medium components and cell requirements.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures.
- Prepare and analyze samples, such as Papanicolaou (PAP) smear body fluids and fine needle aspirations (FNAs), to detect abnormal conditions.
- Prepare cell samples by applying special staining techniques, such as chromosomal staining, to differentiate cells or cell components.
- Prepare, care for, and dispose of tissue specimens taken for laboratory analysis.
See all 7 related occupations >>