||Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
- Conduct tonometry or tonography tests to measure intraocular pressure.
- Measure visual acuity, including near, distance, pinhole, or dynamic visual acuity, using appropriate tests.
- Conduct visual field tests to measure field of vision.
- Operate ophthalmic equipment, such as autorefractors, phoropters, tomographs, or retinoscopes.
- Measure and record lens power, using lensometers.
- Conduct ocular motility tests to measure function of eye muscles.
- Conduct binocular disparity tests to assess depth perception.
- Assess refractive conditions of eyes, using retinoscopes.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Attach electrodes to the patients' chests, arms, and legs, connect electrodes to leads from the electrocardiogram (EKG) machine, and operate the EKG machine to obtain a reading.
- Conduct tests of pulmonary system, using spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
- Perform diagnostic tests or measurements, such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, and color vision testing.
- Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision, amblyopia, or strabismus.
- Perform vision screening of children in schools or community health centers.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Use dental air turbines, hand instruments, dental appliances, or surgical implements.
- Remove diseased tissue, using surgical instruments.
- Conduct stress tests, using electrocardiograph (EKG) machines.
- Measure oxygen consumption or lung functioning, using spirometers.