Related occupations for task:
Conduct tests, such as the Amsler Grid test, to measure central visual field used in the early diagnosis of macular degeneration, glaucoma, or diseases of the eye.
||Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
- Conduct tonometry or tonography tests to measure intraocular pressure.
- Measure visual acuity, including near, distance, pinhole, or dynamic visual acuity, using appropriate tests.
- Conduct visual field tests to measure field of vision.
- Operate ophthalmic equipment, such as autorefractors, phoropters, tomographs, or retinoscopes.
- Conduct ocular motility tests to measure function of eye muscles.
- Conduct binocular disparity tests to assess depth perception.
- Assess refractive conditions of eyes, using retinoscopes.
- Perform diagnostic tests or measurements, such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, and color vision testing.
- Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision, amblyopia, or strabismus.
- Perform vision screening of children in schools or community health centers.
- Examine eyes, using observation, instruments, and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus, and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities, such as glaucoma or color blindness.
- Perform comprehensive examinations of the visual system to determine the nature or extent of ocular disorders.