||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Obtain and record patient identification, medical history, or test results.
- Attach electrodes to the patients' chests, arms, and legs, connect electrodes to leads from the electrocardiogram (EKG) machine, and operate the EKG machine to obtain a reading.
- Conduct tests of pulmonary system, using spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients' charts.
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration.
- Assemble and use equipment, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, or oxygen suppliers.
- Record food and fluid intake and output.
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plans for reevaluation.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enter information into computer.
- Test and measure patient's strength, motor development and function, sensory perception, functional capacity, or respiratory or circulatory efficiency and record data.
- Administer treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet or infrared lamps, or ultrasound machines.
- Record and review patient medical histories.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
||Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
- Take and document patients' medical histories.
- Measure and record lens power, using lensometers.
- Assess refractive conditions of eyes, using retinoscopes.