Related Occupations for Task
29-2099.07 - Surgical Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Assist with patient resuscitation during cardiac arrest or other life-threatening events.
- Operate equipment, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), external defibrillators, or bag valve mask resuscitators, in advanced life support environments.
- Perform emergency cardiac care, such as cardioversion and manual defibrillation.
- Provide airway management interventions including tracheal intubation, fiber optics, or ventilary support.
- Assist in the provision of advanced life support techniques including those procedures using high frequency ventilation or intra-arterial cardiovascular assistance devices.
- Provide emergency care, such as artificial respiration, external cardiac massage, or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Perform endotracheal intubation to maintain open airways for patients who are unable to breathe on their own.
- Manage patients' airway or pulmonary status, using techniques such as endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy, and extubation.
- Respond to emergency situations by providing airway management, administering emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Provide and maintain life support and airway management and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
See all 8 related occupations >>