Related Occupations for Task
31-9097.00 - Phlebotomists
Related occupations for task:
Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, or their blood group, blood type, or compatibility for transfusion purposes, using microscopic techniques.
- Harvest cell cultures at optimum time, based on knowledge of cell cycle differences and culture conditions.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating, and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- Collect specimens for use in laboratory tests.
- Perform annual gynecologic exams, including pap smears and breast exams.
- Cut sections of body tissues for microscopic examination, using microtomes.
- Collect specimens from patients, using standard medical procedures.
See all 20 related occupations >>