Related occupations for task:
Identify or select transportation and communications system technologies to reduce costs or environmental impacts.
||Supply Chain Managers
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to by-products.
- Locate or select biodegradable, non-toxic, or other environmentally friendly raw materials for manufacturing processes.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
||Water Resource Specialists
- Analyze storm water systems to identify opportunities for water resource improvements.
- Identify methods for distributing purified wastewater into rivers, streams, or oceans.
||Storage and Distribution Managers
- Select modes of transportation for the distribution of goods that minimize pollution, such as carbon output or other environmental impacts.
||Chief Sustainability Officers
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance the sustainability research agenda.
See all 7 related occupations >>