Related occupations for task:
Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
- Recommend methods to protect the environment or minimize environmental damage from industrial production practices.
- Develop alternative energy investment scenarios to compare economic and environmental costs and benefits.
- Develop or test protocols to monitor ecosystem components and ecological processes.
||Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
- Provide scientific or technical guidance, support, coordination, or oversight to governmental agencies, environmental programs, industry, or the public.
- Review and implement environmental technical standards, guidelines, policies, and formal regulations that meet all appropriate requirements.
- Monitor effects of pollution or land degradation and recommend means of prevention or control.
- Provide information, knowledge, expertise, or training to government agencies at all levels to solve water or soil management problems or to assure coordination of resource protection activities.
- Review proposed wetland restoration easements or provide technical recommendations.
||Soil and Plant Scientists
- Study insect distribution or habitat and recommend methods to prevent importation or spread of injurious species.
- Plan or supervise waste management programs for composting or farming.
- Answer technical questions from hydrologists, policymakers, or other customers developing water conservation plans.
- Investigate complaints or conflicts related to the alteration of public waters by gathering information, recommending alternatives, or preparing legal documents.
See all 15 related occupations >>