Related occupations for task:
Counsel individuals, groups, or families to help them understand problems, deal with crisis situations, define goals, and develop realistic action plans.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, or vocational development and adjustment.
- Use a variety of treatment methods, such as psychotherapy, hypnosis, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama, or play therapy.
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems, such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations, to modify behavior or to improve personal, social, or vocational adjustment.
- Provide occupational, educational, or other information to individuals so that they can make educational or vocational plans.
- Counsel children and families to help solve conflicts and problems in learning and adjustment.
- Serve as a resource to help families and schools deal with crises, such as separation and loss.
||Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Provide education or counseling to individuals and families.
- Provide psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or other counseling interventions to patients with neurological disorders.
- Coach senior executives and managers on leadership and performance.
- Counsel workers about job and career-related issues.