Related Occupations for Task
17-1012.00 - Landscape Architects
Related occupations for task:
Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
||Surveying and Mapping Technicians
- Produce or update overlay maps to show information boundaries, water locations, or topographic features on various base maps or at different scales.
- Determine scales, line sizes, or colors to be used for hard copies of computerized maps, using plotters.
- Trace contours or topographic details to generate maps that denote specific land or property locations or geographic attributes.
- Prepare topographic or contour maps of land surveyed, including site features and other relevant information, such as charts, drawings, and survey notes.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Delineate aerial photographic detail, such as control points, hydrography, topography, and cultural features, using precision stereoplotting apparatus or drafting instruments.
- Prepare and alter trace maps, charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional optical models of terrain using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Revise existing maps and charts, making all necessary corrections and adjustments.
- Determine map content and layout, as well as production specifications such as scale, size, projection, and colors, and direct production to ensure that specifications are followed.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations, and structures.
||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
See all 6 related occupations >>