Related occupations for task:
Request and dispatch crews and position equipment so fires can be contained safely and effectively.
||Transportation Security Screeners
- Notify supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Inform other screeners when baggage should not be opened because it might contain explosives.
- Contact police directly in cases of urgent security issues, using phones or two-way radios.
- Contact leads or supervisors to discuss objects of concern that are not on prohibited object lists.
- View images of checked bags and cargo, using remote screening equipment, and alert baggage screeners or handlers to any possible problems.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures, such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
- Provide information to lab personnel concerning the source of an item of evidence and tests to be performed.
- Summon medical help for injured individuals and alert medical personnel to take statements from them.
- Notify command of situation and request assistance.
||Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
- Record license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals, and report infractions to appropriate authorities.
See all 14 related occupations >>