Related Occupations for Task
39-4021.00 - Funeral Attendants
Related occupations for task:
Embalm, dress, cosmeticize, and casket the deceased.
- Apply cosmetics to impart lifelike appearance to the deceased.
- Join lips, using needles and thread or wire.
- Close incisions, using needles and sutures.
- Incise stomach and abdominal walls and probe internal organs, using trocar, to withdraw blood and waste matter from organs.
- Make incisions in arms or thighs and drain blood from circulatory system and replace it with embalming fluid, using pump.
- Attach trocar to pump-tube, start pump, and repeat probing to force embalming fluid into organs.
- Reshape or reconstruct disfigured or maimed bodies when necessary, using dermasurgery techniques and materials such as clay, cotton, plaster of Paris, and wax.
- Pack body orifices with cotton saturated with embalming fluid to prevent escape of gases or waste matter.
- Insert convex celluloid or cotton between eyeballs and eyelids to prevent slipping and sinking of eyelids.
- Perform special procedures necessary for remains that are to be transported to other states or overseas, or where death was caused by infectious disease.
- Press diaphragm to evacuate air from lungs.
||Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
- Apply makeup to enhance or alter the appearance of people appearing in productions such as movies.
- Select desired makeup shades from stock, or mix oil, grease, and coloring to achieve specific color effects.
- Duplicate work precisely to replicate characters' appearances on a daily basis.
- Alter or maintain makeup during productions as necessary to compensate for lighting changes or to achieve continuity of effect.
- Provide performers with makeup removal assistance after performances have been completed.
- Attach prostheses to performers and apply makeup to create special features or effects, such as scars, aging, or illness.
- Embalm, dress, or otherwise prepare the deceased for viewing.
||Morticians, Undertakers, and Funeral Arrangers
- Perform embalming duties, as necessary.