Related occupations for task:
Assemble, position, and mount heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints or manufacturer's specifications.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
||Mechanical Door Repairers
- Wind large springs with upward motion of arm.
- Fasten angle iron back-hangers to ceilings and tracks, using fasteners or welding equipment.
- Set doors into place or stack hardware sections into openings after rail or track installation.
- Study blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine appropriate methods of installing or repairing automated door openers.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Assemble and install new pipe organs and pianos in buildings.
- Assemble bars onto percussion instruments.
- Stretch drumheads over rim hoops and tuck them around and under the hoops, using hand tucking tools.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Assemble new or reconditioned appliances.
- Hang steel supports from beams or joists to hold hoses, vents, and gas pipes in place.
- Assemble new bicycles.
- Build wheels by cutting and threading new spokes.
See more related occupations >>