Related occupations for task:
Prepare or review professional, technical, or other reports regarding sampling, testing, or recommendations of data analysis.
||Precision Agriculture Technicians
- Demonstrate the applications of geospatial technology, such as Global Positioning System (GPS), geographic information systems (GIS), automatic tractor guidance systems, variable rate chemical input applicators, surveying equipment, or computer mapping software.
- Document and maintain records of precision agriculture information.
- Analyze data from harvester monitors to develop yield maps.
- Analyze geospatial data to determine agricultural implications of factors such as soil quality, terrain, field productivity, fertilizers, or weather conditions.
||Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Map forest tract data using digital mapping systems.
- Keep records of the amount and condition of logs taken to mills.
- Measure distances, clean sightlines, and record data to help survey crews.
- Install gauges, stream flow recorders, and soil moisture measuring instruments, and collect and record data from them to assist with watershed analysis.
||Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results.
- Analyze data acquired from aircraft, satellites, or ground-based platforms, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects.
- Organize and maintain geospatial data and associated documentation.
- Measure and graph phenomena such as lake levels, stream flows, and changes in water volumes.
- Study and document quantities, distribution, disposition, and development of underground and surface waters.
- Compile and evaluate hydrologic information to prepare navigational charts and maps and to predict atmospheric conditions.
||Remote Sensing Technicians
- Manipulate raw data to enhance interpretation, either on the ground or during remote sensing flights.
- Correct raw data for errors due to factors such as skew or atmospheric variation.
- Maintain records of survey data.
See more related occupations >>