Related occupations for task:
Investigate alleged license or permit violations.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Examine permits, licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation; participate in enforcement hearings as necessary.
- Monitor follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and review compliance monitoring reports.
- Investigate complaints and suspected violations regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
- Review and evaluate applications for registration of products containing dangerous materials, or for pollution control discharge permits.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Review reports of suspected fraud to determine need for further investigation.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Lead, or participate in, fraud investigation teams.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.
||Licensing Examiners and Inspectors
- Evaluate applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility or liability issues.
- Issue licenses to individuals meeting standards.
||Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
- Examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Conduct prehearing and presentencing investigations and testify in court regarding offenders' backgrounds and recommended sentences and sentencing conditions.
- Investigate alleged parole violations, using interviews, surveillance, and search and seizure.
See all 13 related occupations >>