Related occupations for task:
Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Develop electronic, mechanical, or computerized processes to perform tasks in dangerous situations, such as underwater exploration or extraterrestrial mining.
- Develop processes or identify equipment needed for pilot or commercial nanoscale scale production.
- Engineer production processes for specific nanotechnology applications, such as electroplating, nanofabrication, or epoxy.
See more related occupations >>