Related occupations for task:
Investigate facts and law of cases and search pertinent sources, such as public records and internet sources, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
||Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers
- Research and analyze laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for hearings and to determine conclusions.
- Review and evaluate data on documents, such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Conduct studies of appeals procedures in field agencies to ensure adherence to legal requirements and to facilitate determination of cases.
||Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Research laws, regulations, policies, or precedent decisions to prepare for hearings.
- Conduct studies of appeals procedures to ensure adherence to legal requirements or to facilitate disposition of cases.
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
||Judicial Law Clerks
- Research laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs, or other information related to cases before the court.
- Review complaints, petitions, motions, or pleadings that have been filed to determine issues involved or basis for relief.
||Judges, Magistrate Judges, and Magistrates
- Read documents on pleadings and motions to ascertain facts and issues.
- Research legal issues and write opinions on the issues.
See all 6 related occupations >>