Related Occupations for Task
45-2021.00 - Animal Breeders
Related occupations for task:
Exercise animals to keep them in healthy condition.
||Animal Control Workers
- Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or tranquilizer darts as necessary.
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.
- Remove captured animals from animal-control service vehicles and place animals in shelter cages or other enclosures.
- Euthanize rabid, unclaimed, or severely injured animals.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
||First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior, notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
- Observe fish and beds or ponds to detect diseases, monitor fish growth, determine quality of fish, or determine completeness of harvesting.
- Advise pet owners on how to care for their pets' health.
- Provide care to a wide range of animals or specialize in a particular species, such as horses or exotic birds.