Related Occupations for Task
45-2021.00 - Animal Breeders
Related occupations for task:
Exercise animals to keep them in healthy condition.
||Animal Control Workers
- Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or tranquilizer darts as necessary.
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.
- Remove captured animals from animal-control service vehicles and place animals in shelter cages or other enclosures.
- Euthanize rabid, unclaimed, or severely injured animals.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
||First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior, notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
- Monitor eggs and adjust incubator thermometers and gauges to facilitate hatching progress and to maintain specified conditions.
||Nonfarm Animal Caretakers
- Advise pet owners on how to care for their pets' health.
||First-Line Supervisors of Aquacultural Workers
- Observe fish and beds or ponds to detect diseases, monitor fish growth, determine quality of fish, or determine completeness of harvesting.