||Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers
- Manage nurseries that grow horticultural plants for sale to trade or retail customers, for display or exhibition, or for research.
- Direct and monitor trapping and spawning of fish, egg incubation, and fry rearing, applying knowledge of management and fish culturing techniques.
- Direct and monitor the transfer of mature fish to lakes, ponds, streams, or commercial tanks.
- Determine plant growing conditions, such as greenhouses, hydroponics, or natural settings, and set planting and care schedules.
- Direct the breeding or raising of stock, such as cattle, poultry, or honeybees, using recognized breeding practices to ensure stock improvement.
- Coordinate the selection and maintenance of brood stock.
- Direct crop production operations, such as planning, tilling, planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, and harvesting.
||Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Manage forest protection activities, including fire control, fire crew training, and coordination of fire detection and public education programs.
- Monitor activities of logging companies and contractors.
- Plan and supervise construction of access routes and forest roads.
- Supervise forest nursery operations, timber harvesting, land use activities such as livestock grazing, and disease or insect control programs.
- Plan and supervise forestry projects, such as determining the type, number and placement of trees to be planted, managing tree nurseries, thinning forest and monitoring growth of new seedlings.
- Supervise activities of other forestry workers.
- Direct, and participate in, forest fire suppression.
- Plan and direct construction and maintenance of recreation facilities, fire towers, trails, roads and bridges, ensuring that they comply with guidelines and regulations set for forested public lands.
||Fire Inspectors and Investigators
- Inspect properties that store, handle, and use hazardous materials to ensure compliance with laws, codes, and regulations, and issue hazardous materials permits to facilities found in compliance.
- Issue permits for public assemblies.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.