Related occupations for task:
Log and store exhibits from court proceedings.
||Police Identification and Records Officers
- Package, store and retrieve evidence.
- Submit evidence to supervisors, crime labs, or court officials for legal proceedings.
- Analyze and process evidence at crime scenes, during autopsies, or in the laboratory, wearing protective equipment and using powders and chemicals.
- Process film and prints from crime or accident scenes.
- Screen, control, and handle evidence and exhibits during court proceedings.
||First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Direct collection, preparation, and handling of evidence and personal property of prisoners.
||Detectives and Criminal Investigators
- Preserve, process, and analyze items of evidence obtained from crime scenes and suspects, placing them in proper containers and destroying evidence no longer needed.
||Fire Inspectors and Investigators
- Package collected pieces of evidence in securely closed containers, such as bags, crates, or boxes, to protect them.