Related occupations for task:
Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings.
- Interview witnesses or suspects and take statements.
- Review reports of suspected fraud to determine need for further investigation.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Lead, or participate in, fraud investigation teams.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.
- Complete death certificates, including the assignment of cause and manner of death.
- Collect and document any pertinent medical history information.
- Complete reports and forms required to finalize cases.
- Observe, record, and preserve any objects or personal property related to deaths, including objects such as medication containers and suicide notes.
- Observe and record the positions and conditions of bodies and related evidence.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation, participating in enforcement hearings, as necessary.
- Investigate complaints and suspected violations regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
- Monitor follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and review compliance monitoring reports.
- Prepare written, oral, tabular, and graphic reports summarizing requirements and regulations, including enforcement and chain of custody documentation.
||Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Investigate alleged license or permit violations.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Investigate alleged parole violations, using interviews, surveillance, and search and seizure.
- Conduct prehearing and presentencing investigations and testify in court regarding offenders' backgrounds and recommended sentences and sentencing conditions.
See all 14 related occupations >>