Related occupations for task:
Monitor tapes or digital recordings to identify the source of losses.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Review reports of suspected fraud to determine need for further investigation.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Lead, or participate in, fraud investigation teams.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.
||Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
- Examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
- Attend mediations or trials.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation, participating in enforcement hearings, as necessary.
- Monitor follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and review compliance monitoring reports.
- Investigate complaints and suspected violations regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
||Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Investigate alleged license or permit violations.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Investigate alleged parole violations, using interviews, surveillance, and search and seizure.
- Conduct prehearing and presentencing investigations and testify in court regarding offenders' backgrounds and recommended sentences and sentencing conditions.
See all 10 related occupations >>