Related Occupations for Task
15-1252.00 - Software Developers
Related occupations for task:
Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
||Geographic Information Systems Technologists and Technicians
- Perform computer programming, data analysis, or software development for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements.
- Design, program, or model Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications or procedures.
- Apply research or simulation results to extend biological theory or recommend new research projects.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena, such as the spread of infectious diseases.
||Operations Research Analysts
- Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Break systems into their components, assign numerical values to each component, and examine the mathematical relationships between them.
- Adapt statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
- Develop software applications or programming to use for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
See all 20 related occupations >>