Related occupations for task:
Calculate design specifications or cost, material, and resource estimates, and prepare project schedules and budgets.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Calculate weights, volumes, and stress factors and their implications for technical aspects of designs.
- Calculate heat loss and gain of buildings and structures to determine required equipment specifications, following standard procedures.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents, and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's or engineer's supervision.
||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Develop project budgets by estimating the cost of project activities.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or specifications.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submit data to engineering personnel for approval.
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installing.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, and plant space.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
See more related occupations >>