Related occupations for task:
Disassemble and reassemble equipment for inspection.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Reassemble instruments following repair, using hand tools and power tools and glue, hair, yarn, resin, or clamps, and lubricate instruments as necessary.
- Place rim hoops back onto drum shells to allow new drumheads to dry and become taut.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Reassemble engines following repair or inspection and reinstall engines in aircraft.
- Disassemble engines and inspect parts, such as turbine blades or cylinders, for corrosion, wear, warping, cracks, and leaks, using precision measuring instruments, x-rays, and magnetic inspection equipment.
- Disassemble subassembly units and examine condition, movement, or alignment of parts, visually or using gauges.
- Reassemble frames and reinstall engines after repairs.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
||Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Dismantle engines, using hand tools, and examine parts for defects.
- Reassemble engines after repair or maintenance work is complete.
See all 20 related occupations >>