Related occupations for task:
Deliver orders to kitchens, and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
||Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
- Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Relay food orders to cooks.
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
- Serve food and beverages to guests at banquets or other social functions.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
||Waiters and Waitresses
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
||Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance.
- Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
See all 13 related occupations >>