Related occupations for task:
Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multi counting machines, or pencil and paper.
||Waiters and Waitresses
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Accept payments, and make change or write charge slips as necessary.
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
||Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages.
- Take and prepare to-go orders.
See all 10 related occupations >>