Related Occupations for Task
47-2031.00 - Carpenters
Related occupations for task:
Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
||Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Apply coats of plaster or stucco to walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using trowels, brushes, or spray guns.
- Apply weatherproof, decorative coverings to exterior surfaces of buildings, such as by troweling or spraying on coats of stucco.
- Create decorative textures in finish coat, using brushes or trowels, sand, pebbles, or stones.
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces.
- Spray acoustic materials or texture finish over walls or ceilings.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Use special finishing techniques such as sponging, ragging, layering, or faux finishing.
- Cut stencils and brush or spray lettering or decorations on surfaces.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Lay out, position, and apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative coverings to floors, walls, and cabinets, following guidelines to keep courses straight and create designs.
- Create patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting, or painting designs.