Related occupations for task:
Read written instructions or confer with supervisors about schedules and materials to be moved.
||Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- Review schedules, switching orders, way bills, and shipping records to obtain cargo loading and unloading information and to plan work.
- Confirm routes and destination information for freight cars.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
||Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers
- Communicate with other workers, using signals, radios, or telephones, to start and stop flows of materials or substances.
- Read operating schedules or instructions or receive verbal orders to determine amounts to be pumped.
||Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Read production and delivery schedules, and confer with supervisors, to determine sorting and transfer procedures, arrangement of packages on pallets, and destinations of loaded pallets.
- Contact workers in work stations or other departments to request movement of materials, products, or machinery, or to notify them of incoming shipments and their estimated delivery times.
||Airfield Operations Specialists
- Check military flight plans with civilian agencies.
See all 16 related occupations >>